View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #24
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
To check your EGR diagram to see if it is working right just have the car warmed up and idling then grab the bottom of the big round part and pull up, the car should attempt to die.
ok, so i was outside smoking and decided to fuck with this problem a little. i reached around the valve and that little L-shaped hose was completely obliterated, the entire backside had blown out leaving a gaping hole. after getting all the pieces of cracked and shitty hose off of the two connections, i replaced the hose with a brand new 6mm silicone hose. i then checked the diaphragm like you said and the car nearly died until i let go of it. so i guess the EGR solenoid is now operating correctly.

after this i pulled the ECU back out and ran the codes again and this is what i got:

34 - Knock Sensor (don't know why the fuck this came back, i just replaced it not too long ago with a brand new one)

105 - EGR and Canister Control Valve (Solenoid)

i promptly cleared the codes and then drove the car around for about 5 minutes, doing a couple hard pulls here and there. so far, the light has not come back on so things are looking good for me as far as solving my problem. i will report back if the light decides to pop back on again.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote