Thread: VQ or LS1 Swap?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #22
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
No, no to the V6 of any manufacturer. Unless an extraordinary circumstance occurs a V6 is a terrible idea for a large, overwhelming number of reasons I will summarize with one sentence

"You get all of the hassles of a V-configuration, without the two extra cylinders"

Its never a choice between something and a V6. You are either straight 4, 6, or V8, V10, V12, etc

I would even say 2jz over LS if you can afford the engines and have a light vehicle.

No question that working with only one side of plumbing is 100% easier and simplified, and that 4-valve cylinder overhead cam heads are far superior, with hemispherical combustion chambers and optimal plug placement, main girdle support, piston oil squirters, I mean come on its just too good
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote