View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #28
DriftSpecial180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura aboutDriftSpecial180 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfood
And these just like other modern coilovers do not loose suspension travel when you lower them. They are adjustable length coilovers. Drooping spring would only take away from the height adjustment side and wouldnt do anything. You could droop the spring to lower it but then when you wanted to go super low you would loose that adjustment because the bottom spring perch would hit the lower shock mount faster.
Yes, i know how dual adjustable coilovers work, i have had Silk Roads and KTS's. If you droop spring, you do lose susp travel because its letting the damper compress. if you adjust bracket, you're moving the wheel up into the wheel well, not effecting travel. Front damper passes throught the bracket, no worries. rear damper can't pass through the bracket so it eventually maxxes out (like mine). therefore your only option is to droop spring. Guess not many of you are there yet...
DriftSpecial180 is offline   Reply With Quote