View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #25
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
anmd now ill respond to all the lil things...

the oil cooler was free and will work just fine no matter what, its the same design as any other oilcooler, just 3x as thick. Current placement is becasue there is no other location with the bumper i got from the junkyeard that is on the car in the pictures, when i get the 91-94 bumper ill move the cooler to a better location, since i am moving at over 120+ mph on the straits of some courses, the cooler will get more than enough airflow over it. Cooler explained.

I DO have an upgraded suspension that works good for track time now, due to my limited budget. Traction is not the blame of the suspension, but the suspension and tires, i carry alot of momentum through teh runs and the suspension comrpeses alot(even tho its set to full stiff) , causing the body to roll and the tiures to be pushed a little further then they can handle. Which will cause the tire to flex, the Falken Azenis come with a very stiff sidewall, but with all the weight and momentum being forced to that corner of the car, its causing the tire to flex. I will NEVER strech a tire on a rim to reduce tir flex on the track, i dont care what anyone says, its not good to strech a tire ona track car, maybe a drift car, but not on the track, id rather use the tire to its fullest potential. Tire flex and suspension explained.

I dont HAVE to have negative camber, with a basic stock style suspension setup, im unabel to adjust camber the right way for a track car, which elminiates the possibility of using a basic camber kit, pillow-ball mounts are the right way to do it, but those are comming with the coilovers ill be getting in the future. My tire pressure is at 38psi hot, cold makes no difference becasue the tires are never cold when your on track, an person geared as much as yoruself towards suspension should know things like this. 40psi is suggested hot, but i prefer to run 38psi, the 40psi made the tire a little to hard for my liking.

Last but not least people..please knwo your info before you come on here telling me myse setup is wrong or i shoudl ahev done it thats or that way before, my budget is limited, so mods are limited to the not TOP-OF-THE-LINE products, deal with it, i did things in a specific order and will continure to do things in a specific order as my available funds come in. Keep questions comming, but please dont critisize my responses when i tell you how its setup ,or why its setup a certain way. I tell you why and you get defensive, no reason for all that just because its not your way. I apologize for my rant if it makes you angry, but i feel its neccessary because of the last poster getting all defensive and snappy with his response to my response.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote