View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:40 AM   #15
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree
That oil cooler can't be doing much. If you need an oil cooler, an upgrade is in order because honestly that one won't cut it. You'll also have to locate it in an area that sees more airflow through the cooling surface.
Oh well i posted my issue with the oil coler about 5 posts back, i have it in the headlight because there is no where else to put an oil cooler that is 4" think, i knw i know, the pics make it look 1" thick like the average oil cooler. As soon as i feel liek switching over to the DOHC bumper that has teh extra vents, ill move the cooler down under the factory battey location, and duct it and everything. And its deff enough, who would ever want to upgrade a 5"H X 6"L x 4"T oilcooler?

Quote:
I don't see anything really wrong with your battery placement, but it's a bit high. Other than that, it's over the axle so it doesn't really increase polar moment and it certainly helps f/r and l/r weight distribution. Since the car seems to be a purpose-built track car, why not put the battery lower, like in the passenger side rear footwell? That way your polar moment is decreased by a pretty hefty amount, not to mention your cG will go down a bit. You'll lose a little bit by way of rearward weight bias percentage but the l/r advantage will stay the same.
Thats where i had the battery located when i was driving the caron the street full interior and with shit rolling around my trunk, and i just havnt had the time to relocate it, a bit of a hassle when i have a few extras that run off of it, cause i dont wanna mess with my wiring again. I have is passenger side to makeup up for when its just me, and i have it rearward to help with traction, because im already having issues with it, as i said in earlier posts.

Quote:
What are your alignment specs right now? It seems like you're having rollover problems with the tires despite the fact that they have stiff-as-hell sidewalls. What pressures are you running cold?
Alignment is the factory specs, according to the alignment bay at my old place of business. Tire flex is due to a smaller tire being on the rim. NOt streched, but just not wide enough (itll be corrected before my next event with RA1's). I am running about 38psi hot, cold its like 32-34 i think, i adjusted them hot, havnt touched them since the last event, hard to recall the specifics. Rollover problem is not bue to the tires, its because i am running KYB shocks and Tein springs, apparently they dont get as stiff as they need to be for track racing, so those will get upgraded when i have the funds for it. (Buddy-Club Race Spec dampner).

All questions are welcome, but please read a little everyone before you tell me what you think i need to change, or look at the pictures a little more closely. I dont like repeting myself too often. Almost all the answers these questions are in the pics or already responded to. Keep them commin if i dont have anything on it tho.....

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote