View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Hood/grille painted

I decided to remove sound deadning. Again, dumbass teenager move. I got new OEM door pins and bushings also for the doors. They close so easy crisp. No force needed. Like a brand new car. Cleaned up the window frame work and door rods etc gave them a light coat of silver spray paint so they look new ish. Cleaned all the plastic little fittings etc.

working into the night test fitting/mocking stuff up. Nothing is bolted down. Still on stock suspension in these photos.

Put wheels/suspension on etc.

I had also picked up an B&M short throw and decided to install it with Nismo black butt plug knob. I cleaned up the boot and ring and gave it a fresh coat of some silver spray paint to.

So I went to the local tuning shop and what do I see in the display case? A greddy big brake upgrade that I had to have. They didn't cough it up at first, they wanted it for the shop car,but I kept showing interest. So finally I got it.

4 pot calipers, earls lines, 330mm two piece anodized duralumin rotors.

Now the main problem is that these brakes are to big for the r32 gtr wheels. Which sucks because they are one of my favorite but what can I do?

So I was forced to order my favorite wheels of all time. Super advan racing version 2. Lowest possible offset in a standard make. Keep in mind, I'm only 19/20 at this point in life (04/05). I couldn't quite afford custom offsets yet. These took 6 months to receive from Japan. Waiting was hard.

My favorite

picked up some r32 rear brakes, got SPL stainless lines, hawk pads and brembo rotors.

Some 5zigen lightweight lug nuts

As time goes on, AMS finally releases their KA24 turbo kit. So yes, I was the first one to get one.

About this time is when shit slowed down. To a complete stop lol. I moved out of the parents house. Got my first apartment with a buddy and spent way to much time being a drunk ass 21 year old. Live in the suburbs of Saint Louis so there is plenty to do at that age. Wasting money was basically it. I could not afford to do the things I wanted. I am not the kind of person to cheap out on shit parts either just to get it finished. I knew I would never sell this car, so I just put my fun on hold and lived life for a bit. Had to come to terms with civilization and society. Early 20's are pivotal part of growing up in my opinion. You will make or break yourself. So basically 0 progress for YEARS. YEARS YEARS YEARS. It was 05/06 I was 20/21, had a ton of shit that was not very common at that time. Had a sweet ass build that I could not drive because it was not legal, pass safety, was to tore down. Car sat in my apartments garage.

Sad days.

So after years, one morning suffering a massive hangover, I'm sure there were other extracurricular activities mixed in, I had an epiphany. I threw up some really thick, black bile that just made me think "that shit ain't good". So at the ripe age of 24(2009) I quit drinking among other things and I go to pipe welding school. Best thing I have ever done. I catch on quick. Graduate and start traveling the country building it up. Now, while I make really really really good money. I also am never home. I travel (in bum fuck Iowa as I type this) so I can't work on it but I do get to order parts lol.

2011 to present day
So at the end of 2011 i finally start going forward again. Also my little brother graduates from Mizzou and decides he doesn't want his 240 anymore. His RUST FREE 98K MILES STRAIGHT BODY 1993 base model 240. He has a smashed in passenger fender but that doesn't bother me all he has is an apex N1 single.

SOOOOOOO.......I do this to my car and sell it for 100 dollars.

I take his car and begin the process over(full interior this time lol). I can't lower the front to much as the fender is smashed in the tire sticks out about 2-3 inches. BUT I finally get to drive a 240 again.

So here I sit with full suspension, mishimoto radiator, mishimoto electric fans, apex exhaust, full brakes and wheels installed. I decide I don't want to go KA anymore and would rather do a RB swap since I have good funds rolling in.

This is also where I just go hog wild and get shit that I want. A lot of you might recognize these parts because some of you guys were the previous owners.

I begin to acquire full silvia K's Aero.

at this stage I'm just looking for swap items and random tid bits. Random stuff that pops up for sale or that I find in yahoo japan.

Big ARC intercooler

Tomei Timing belt

nismo key

Tomei wheel/horn button

Extra tomei horn button

Tomei amber covers

Tomei s13 silvia headlight intake

Last edited by BossHogg; 10-17-2013 at 11:29 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote