View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #28
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
My past few S13s I've built were kind of all a mixture of high quality parts and low quality parts. My basic rule for myself is don't cheap out if it's a part that moves or a part you touch. Suspension, wheels, interior bits I have never cheaped out on, but I've definitely purchased my fair share of ebay exhaust and rads and aero and other miscellaneous shit. With my current car I'm forcing myself to not buy any cheap anything whatsoever, and I'll admit I'm being a massive fanboy but I'm trying to keep the non Japanese brands to a bare minimum. It's taking a hell of a lot more time and money to do it this way, but as of now, my car isn't even close to finished and I'm already so much happier with it than I ever have been with any other car I've owned.

But honestly the smart and efficient way is to just buy whatever is nice and available haha. I kind of think someone who uses all OEM parts is a purist, someone who uses only Japanese aftermarket parts is a purist, and someone who uses quality parts from any other place is a purist. As long as quality is shown I think they fall into the purist category, where the parts come from aren't as important.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote