View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
So skipping ahead a bit, I'll start getting to the good stuff.

I mentioned using parts from my old Skyline in this car. I pilfered the 5 bolt half shafts for the added strength, the center to go with (as you can't use the skyline half shafts with the 180 center) and rear case for the bigger oil capacity and cooling capabilities.

Everything is only dummy fit in this pic. I have bought all PBM arms for the rear, and am getting new bushes pressed into the standard knuckles. When I can afford it, I'll be upgrading to the new style PBM drop knuckles.

You can read my re-shim guide - full of images - here: http://ziptiemotorsports.com.au/that...el-diff-erent/

While the back end was apart, I bought a set of GKTech reinforcement plates for the rear subframe and had my friends workshop weld them in, re-spray the frame and burn the old bushes out.

Bought new solid subframe risers as the car won't be my daily.

And new goodies to suit the M-Spec r32 brakes all around. Project Mu deliciousness.

And QFM HPX for the calipers which are a 'performance/street' pad. I have friends who run and rave about them.

With any luck, the callipers will be back from the powdercoaters before the year is out, but I won't hold my breath. Getting them coated in black with a small silver flake through the clear.

Last edited by Joobie610; 12-19-2015 at 08:10 PM..
Joobie610 is offline   Reply With Quote