View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #22
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Im sure most people realize the issues with running a fixed bucket in a street car and even a cage. I remember reading ages ago and I think takata has a article about harness placement etc basically saying what would happen in a collisoiin, submarining, rollover etc. I think people make the case of running a bucket with a 3 point justifiable because they rather have something solid than a 80s/90s reclinable seat that will basically snap in half backwards, example is the bride video. Even case point what about two seater cars in a accident? They dont have a rear open seat to fall back into, they just hit the back of the car truck wall. Even jeep wrangles come factory with a roll cage for obvious reason so if it was so bad on a street/production car it wouldnt be on option. If you get side swiped or flip a older car I trust a cage in the door panels and roof support than factory tin can metal. So imo its a trade off like anything, regardless you better just hope karma is on your side that day, these are 25 year old car, no amount of seat/protection will save you like a new model car would.

Thought I am a big supporter in quality brands the only issue I have with real/fake debate is the scenario because even big brands like Bride have 0 crash tests on its 1-3k recliable seats, so whats to say they wont snap like an rep or no name? Its really old wives tales, "oh i herd a friend this and that" same goes for people with fake seats but as of right now there is no certified proof with some seats real or fake are any good in a crash. Some seats have been in production in 20-30 years so dont you think if they wanted to stop all this "dont buy fake" marketing they would post crash test videos on there seats in comparison? Nothing sells better than fear lol, they would get sooooo many people ditching the 500 bride vios seats for some proper brides instantly and just like me, even it cost a bit more its a "justifiable" expense because its safety. Its not like adding a 2k kit to your because you need it, you do it because you want to and it looks cool.

The only type of aftermarket seats which are certified are fixed and FIA approved but that means bugger all because its meant for track and not street blahblahblah goes back to issue of running a race seat in a street car. So I can see why people would cheap out just like fiberglass kits with real/fake, some swear fitment is better, other say reps fit fairly good, people like to support the OG but whatever. The people who can afford it will, those who cant just get whatever they feel comfortable with. There is always two sides and both have good points. This thread could start into a real/fake thing all day with wheels, kits, seats etc

The one guy made a good point, just dont overthink it and buy something thats quality and feels nice to sit in. Thats my main reason for going recaro is they look pretty good, I trust them more than sparco, corbeu, bride etc because theyre the only seat manufacture to make child seats and also OEM options in basically all car brands so I feel like they have had a history and background when it comes to seats in production safety. Other than them as far as reclinable it be OEM options. I was thinking 350z seats but its PITA to find locally and people are gonna charge fuck boy prices because if the owner is the type of person ditch factory clean seats they will want some hot boy seats for the scene points and try charge as much as they can so they can afford the reps without paying too much out of pocket. Especially now since the Z is basically the next schassis and are been destoryed by the day.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote