View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 05:32 PM   #2
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
I do marketing for a living and for about the last 1.5 years we've been using ChatGPT almost exclusively for copywriting. I mostly work on the technical and proofing side of things so I don't have much direct involvement in writing prompts, but I do see the drafts and revisions and it's pretty impressive how you can endlessly refine the outcome. I think it's cut our copywriting time by 15-25%, judging by the amount of time a project starts to when it's handed off to me, and seems to be increasing as our prompts get more and more refined and templateable.

The downside is some people use AI unscrupulously. It's meant to make things easier, not completely hands-off. You often tell when something is 100% AI-generated. It's too tidy, sterile, and devoid of imagination. I'm sure over time it will improve, but for now us humans still have a role to play.

To that point - just today I was in a meeting with a client whom had been reading a book they got for Christmas and she said a couple pages in something felt "off". After googling the book, it turned out to be one of those made-to-order Amazon books written by an unheard of company selling hundreds of books on countless unrelated topics all with the same generic design treatment. In the reviews of the book, a number of people had come to the same conclusion as her and felt that the book (and all of the others by that company) was purely copy and pasted from ChatGPT with zero editing. A bit concerning if you ask me...