View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Got a package in today and should have another tomorrow. I bought some brand new SPL solid subframe bushings and collars for the subframe I'm completely rehauling. I intended to go with PBM because they're a tad cheaper and I didn't really take advantage of the collars last time but the deal I got was stupid dope that I had to jump on it [thanks zaneithan for the awesome deal!].

Came in super quick and brand new in the sealed bags just as if it came straight from SPL. Now I just have to sawzall the inner collars on the subframe, throw these in the freezer, then install them in the subframe and wait for PBM to deliver me some goodies.

The plan for the rear end:
PBM drop knuckles
PBM toe
PBM traction
PBM RUCA
PBM RLCA
Ichiba 5-lug conversion
KAAZ 2-way
New axles to replace the beat ass ones I just pulled
300ZX brake conversion*
300ZX e-brake conversion*
Agency Power conversion brake lines
Clean/paint the whole subframe to avoid weathering/rust issues in the future
* = possibly going dual caliper with dedicated hydro e-brake

Like I said prior, I'm not a PBM fan boy, just had super good luck with it all and a good friend rocks the front and rear knuckles and loves them. I took the car for a spin and instantly fell in love. He also has the PBM coilovers which I'm definitely getting as well if I don't end up going Fortune Auto which I have in my EVO and love as well. Once all the parts are mounted and the subframe is back up, hopefully the only time I'll ever touch anything back under there is when I need to align the car or change differential fluid. Or if I break something.

Anywho, the parts should start pouring in for the rear end which relieves the shit out of me. Some of the PBM stuff should be coming in this week, some next week and some in a few weeks as some things were on back order.

I'd also like to have you guys give me some suggestions on the front end. I know some people use S14/Z32 tie rods [inners and/or outers] to get more angle. What do you guys suggest and what do you think feels good? Most likely I'm going PBM front knuckles but I'm not sure what you guys recommend. Feel free to bounce some stuff off of me!

More pictures to come of sound deadening removal, a full shopping list write up, and plans for the future.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote