View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #15
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
I imagine that doesn't help the situation.

I have a FReddy manifold with the stock S13 pulley still on there. I just built a bracket out of some bent 1/16" 2024 aluminum angle. It noticeably flexes before the pedal stop hits, but I've never had a problem because it basically acts as a limiter on how much force can ever be applied to the throttle body.
By no means am I doubting your reasoning, but I've had mine made out of 1/8" angle iron now forever, and haven't had an issue.

Ultimatly, I don't think there is a true 'reason' to this happening. I'm sure some of the smarter guys here could form up some reason in relation to pull and the force involved and that stuff (above my head!) but it's still a relative mystery.

With that said, I am going with a Tomei TB (got it super cheap) this winter to ward off any potential problem. Maybe I read to far into stuff, maybe(gasp) at times I follow forum superstition, but It's just a sake of mind issue.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote