View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
Zushi
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Zushi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zushi
Unhappy Ignition Coil and ECCS Relay Problems

Hey, I am currently working on putting a CA18DET engine into a KA24DE Silvia. I have encountered a big problem though. I have got everything done mechanically, but I am in a rut electrically. I think my problem is around the area of the battery, specifically the Ignition Coil Relay and ECCS Relay. My actual problem is in my air flow meter and it not getting enough power. I believe the power routing on my relays might be bad. As a test, I hooked up my air flow meter directly to the battery to see if it would run with the power it needed, and it did. When I hook the air flow meter directly up to the battery though, I hear a clicking noise from the Ignition Coil Relay and the ECCS Relay. Does that mean that my constant battery to the relays is bad or just that by hooking up the air flow meter to the battery I am in a sense bypassing the relays(and running a hard wire). Another situation I found, this one will be a little harder to understand(unless you have a schematics and know what I'm talking about, hopefully some of you will). Well, the Black/Red wire coming out of my Ignition Coil Relay, when tested for connectivity with a multimeter, connects to the Black/white wires coming out of both the Ignition Coil Relay and the ECCS Relay. I looked at the ECU wiring for this and they don't seem to touch anywhere. I don't see why there should be a problem though, it is the stock harness so the two wires shouldn't touch if they're not supposed to. So, are the black/red and black/wires supposed to touch? Let me know. Also, can someone test their car to see if they hear a clicking noise from their relays next to the battery? Well, if you guys got anything that might be able to help me, please please please let me know. Thanks.
Zushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links