View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
(Yoshi)
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
(Yoshi) is an unknown quantity at this point
VK56DE Info Thread/Yoshi's VK56DE 240SX Build

So every one has talked about it, but because of the many limitations no one has (As far as S13's go). I decided to give it a go. Either it will run and be awesome or it won't.

Here is the car:

Then I parked it:

Then I ripped it's heart out:

And now for a change of pace:

The Motor:

Beginning of the test fit process to see what will hit.

Engine on Stand

My little valve man protecting my car from big scary motor.

Here is the 370Z Trans and adapter plate bolted the the motor courtesy of Neo's Garage:

And here is a picture with the ITB's I'll be using.

Here is the clutch and flywheel

Just bought a cheap TIG welder and Plasma cutter

TIG200 and Versa Cut Plasma Cutter Kit

For car work it's easily the best bang for the buck. Will weld anything up to a 1/4" and cut up to 3/8". Which is the most I would use it for. Plus it has a 110 converter and our shop currently has no 220 outlets which is another big plus.

Not the most powerful machines but for the price, you really can't complain.

So then I did some test fitting with the new transmission..

This is how as far as it would go.

And this is the reason why:

Thus the need to make a new oil pan. I honestly thing that if I had the pan I would be able to slide it in place.

Here is the trans location . I don't think I'm going to need to modify the fire wall nearly as much as I had thought

And as you can see here the stock shifter on the trans will need to be shortened and will probably need to relocate the shifter hole.

Yoshi head courtesy of Turner:

And finally the engine and trans apart and the engine back on the stand.

I got a lot to think about. I cut down the intake to get the runners by themselves and with the ITBs on there it's just as tall, if not taller than the stock plenum. I expected that but it's gonna be tricky to make it work. I'm gonna try to figure something out though.

I am going to tackle the oil pan next. Once I'm back in January I'll be able to tear into it and get something figured out.

The welder and plasma cutter should be here next week, pretty excited.

Our shop has a couple of new additions,

So that's where I am right now. The welder and plasma cutter came in this week so I'm going to get started working on the oil pan soon. Once that is done I'm going to make some mounts and get it in the car. Once I can do that I'm trying to get some header flanges cut right now and some intake flanges made as well. Still debating on the intake side of things.

Last edited by (Yoshi); 01-08-2012 at 09:32 PM..
(Yoshi) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links