View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Everybody around here thats done this has blown their engine. Always a piston failure.
There is not a single one of these S15 NA engines with a turbocharger that has lasted more than 5k miles.

Just a heads up. I am not saying its going to blow up also, just that most of the time, these turbocharger installs are not done right.
And it needs to be done right.
LOL Just Wow.. Please to some that has done this and has piston failure it's mostly not of mechanical reason but simply not having theyre tuning part covered and if staying stock knowing it's limit. S15 NA-T not lasted more than 5K "please". Tell that to the Sentra guys and theyre FWD SR20 NA-T. While your at it dismiss KA-T as well.

It's even simpler to boost this motors considering DET parts will bolt right on. You can even slap a turbo valve cover and just convert to DET ECU and COP. Guys it's simple.. Take care of the tuning regardless which ECU you use and know your limitation stock or built and you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Have been down this road before. This is info off the top of my head from years ago, sorry if I'm wrong but I think I'm mostly spot on.

Oil Problems
Engine does not have oil squirters, might want to get an oil cooler for your oil.

Oil Squirters does help but its not exactly a problem. If running stock stay below 300whp and it will be fine.

Cam Angle Sensor
You want to get the cam angle sensor from a turbo engine. IIRC you can use S14 CAS with the S15 engine.

Again SR CAS is nice being able to detect all cylinders as suppose to just cyl 1 on distributor setup. It's not a problem either plenty of KA-T guys still running distributor on well over 400whp.

Compression
You also might want to try to lower the compression, but I know you can do 8PSI fine, don't go above that you will regret it. Also, might want to look into deeper oil pan + catch can setup for that...get a good tuner too.

9.5:1 is not exactly that high of a compression just an FYI.. I dont think were talking Autech NA S15 here. This is actually a perfect comp IMO for running moderate boost levels so the motor decent bottom end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
You're in okinawa...you'd be better off/cheaper in the long run/safer to swap in a turbo engine in it than slap a damn T25 turbo on it. Plus with the shitty base gas (86 octane since AAFES suck balls), slapping a turbo on an NA car is a very very bad idea.

If damn kei cars are knocking on that gas, a ghetto rigged turbo setup on an NA car will blow that engine faster a kukojo jumping a black guys dick.
Definitely stay NA if 86 is the best gas you can get.. How can it be ghetto rig if most DET parts can actually bolt right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamR View Post
Not having oil squirters would not make the oil any hotter.
Agreed.. It's to aid on cooling.

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote