View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 12:27 PM   #14
Danb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Danb is an unknown quantity at this point
I started dialing in work on the interior pretty hard. Removed the factory ebrake mount and cable entry and sealed all the holes up. Fast forward to now, my thought process was that I would run a line locker off the hydro for an ebrake but I wish I would have left the factory ebrake. That ship has sailed so maybe I can come up with a good solution

I bought some LRBspeed quarter panel covers and fitted them in behind the main hoop but the thickness prevented them from going as far behind it as I needed it too. I figured out that 18ga sheet metal would work and I replicated the LRBspeed ones. I definitely like the ability to weld them in versus bolting the aluminum. Once I run seam sealer around them, they will look like one with the car.

I also went ahead and plated the other rocker side to match the driver

At this point, I am just having fun. I also sealed up these front sections

I decided against running the factory HVAC setup, a buddy of mine recommended the "Vintage Air" heater and I thought it would be a great solution for a defroster so I found the best way to mount it and got it done. I sealed up the factory heater core holes in the firewall and converted to this simple bulkhead to pass the coolant through, believe its a -10AN.

I made a quick bracket to mount the rear portion of the hydro and got it set it place. I initially ordered an FDF aluminum front hydro mount but even as thick as it was, it has way too much flex for me. I ordered a sideways fab steel version with the weld in brace that goes to the trans tunnel to help support. I still have to make that change. You can see i have an S14 dash in, I am running one instead of the S13 but this one in the pictures is just my mock up dash. I have another one tucked away that not cracked that will be installed later.

I needed to finish up the major fab stuff and the last on the list was a rear firewall since I have the fuel cell open to the interior. I always start out designing with CAD(cardboard aided design)