View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #35
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
To put into perspective the size of our Milky Way Galaxy alone if you were to shrink our solar system (from the sun to Pluto) to the size of a quarter the Milky Way would be the size of the U.S. from the Mississippi west! It is estimated that the Milky Way contains 100 to 400 BILLION stars.

The universe is simply too vast to not contain other life.

^There are about 10,000 GALAXIES in this one picture alone.

It's a shame there is such a stigma against those that 'believe' in modern day society (though it seems to be more widely accepted as time goes on.)

Light Exceeds Its Own Speed Limit, or Does It?
^kind of unrelated but I found this very interesting.... making light travel up to 300 times it's previously estimated speed.
exactly. thats why ur either incredibly ignorant and/or stupid if u think were the only ones out there.

my personal belief, however, is different from a lot of peoples. most people, including scientists, think that other planets must be EXACTLY like earth for life to exist. but in my personal opinion, i dont believe that to be completely true.

just because we can survive it doesnt mean others can. and just because we cant survive it doesnt mean others cant. think about the organisms that live at the very bottom of the ocean floor. they can survive the EXTREME pressure of the ocean, yet we cant even build anything that can. (at least to my knowledge. correct me if im wrong please). or for another example, an artic animal can not survive in the dessert.

thats why i think that just because the planet isnt exactly like ours, doesnt mean it cant inhabit life.

in other news....for those of you who might not have seen this yet... Found: New Planet Gliese 581g Is Habitable Like Earth - TIME