View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 AM   #129
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I've tuned a setup with two Bazooka 8's and they didn't play that low (8's WILL play low if you put them in the right box), but sounded clean, and were not that heavy. They hit pretty well, but if you're throwing in two of them, you might as well use a single 10 and a 4 or 5 channel amp (depending on if you run rears or not, I don't).

My entire trunk setup (subwoofer, box, and the only amp) weighs less than 50lbs - making the box out of 1/2" birch and treating it with fiberglass resin makes a box that's just as strong as 3/4" MDF at half the weight! And that's a 2ft box!

If anyone wants me to make them custom sub boxes, tell me what kind of sub you want/have and I'll look up the specs, design the box and 3/d model it to see where you want it to go... like this:
I mean the enclosed one.

Here's what I'm researching for enclosed subs.
Crutchfield.com - Compare
Then there's these for normal subs.
Crutchfield.com - Compare

I love to hear what you think. I listen to everything. Mainly Rock, Hip-hop and then techno and rave stuff (gf is a rave girl). So it's hard to hear everything I want thought the sub I have. This is the sub I have atm. Kenwood KSC-SW10.It's works for adding bass to the music. But doesn't give the "thump" we want.
My good bud has 2 12" kicker comp in his car and we love that how it hits. But I don't need to be that close.

Anyways what are your thoughts about that? I would love you to model a box for me if I when that route. Thanks.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote