View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 10:56 PM   #21543
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Ka24de View Post
Wow that’s mildly ironic, I had replaced the battery about a month and a half ago RIGHT BEFORE all this started, when I removed the old battery the battery tray is so rusted or ate up with holes it’s a wonder the battery has a place to even rest I was blown away by how rusted/corroded the metal was under it I did see the ground you mentioned but didn’t pay any attention to it AT ALL, I Will be checking that ground for corrosion or loose placement due to the issue I’m having I’ll be honest I never would’ve thought that could have it doing this but at this point anything helps, if it were the ground would it still turn over and crank? Just curious btw Thank you times a million I owe u greatly
Electrical gremlins are the scariest/weirdest issues. Anything is possible. The higher the rust the more resistance there is the more voltage drop across the resistance the less voltage your electronics see. At that point some electronics might be operating in the "brown" or "gra/ey" region and you cannot predict their response.

Take an volt meter and measure the voltage drop or resistance from every engine bay ground to the negative terminal of the battery. Anything higher than an ohm is suspect or whatever the fsm says. Ideally the resistance would be zero, so the closer to zero you are the better
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote