View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 AM   #12
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
One thing you may want to check, and double check, make sure there is absolutely not air pockets in the system.

That and make sure you get some paneling in front of the radiator to channel air into the radiator so it doesn't go around, over or under it.

I've experienced this personally, where these Chinese made radiator fans have incorrect wire colors. Where we all know black as chassis / ground, and red as 12v, these Chinese fans are color coded backwards. Thus when you wire it up red to positive and black to ground, it effectively turns a puller fan into a pusher. This sucks when you are going to install a puller fan and it ends up pushing hot engine bay air back across the radiator!

Just a few tips from the things I've seen first hand. I'm currently running a 5.3 block with an old KA aluminum radiator, and only have cooling issues when I go the track events and hot lap it.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote