View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #1210
Prok0
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Prok0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enoughProk0 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Prok0
The HP+ pads seem to work pretty well, admittedly we kind of threw together the car with stuff we had in stock or used from other cars (The wheels were left over, tires were actually used scrubs, other parts were prototypes sent to test, seat was out of my track car, etc.)

Really it was a super low budget thing just to go out and have some fun in a road race setting. The brakes seem great, I wasnt really trying to push super hard as we had just started shaking the car down, but all in all they seemed pretty well matched. I could stand on the brakes pretty hard and it really didnt lock (Once or twice I got a little bit of lock up, then again tires didnt have a ton of heat at that point), and in the same vain I didnt feel like I had to stand on the brakes a ton to stop the car and I wasnt worried about not having enough brake.

Also its a 275 up front so that is a decent amount of tire to transfer the energy to the ground so Im sure that helps, if it was a 235 or 45 I may not be as confident in braking.

The track we were at was pretty short as well, its a local small road course where top speed down the longest straight is about 100mph, so you can take that into consideration too.

Were going to try to refine it a bit in spare time over the next few months and start to hit a few other courses and see how she does, maybe do a GTA event or two in it once we get some more power and a bit more grip in it and some more seat time.