View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
ssman19

Trader Rating: (0)
ssman19 is an unknown quantity at this point
z32 overheating problems

Im still sorta new to this forums. been lurking for a while but hopefully im in the right place and all.

So i bought a 1990 z32 a few months ago with a bad tranny with the intensions to fix it and turn it. so i swapped the trannys out and started driving it. It was running fine. shifted kinda hard but wasnt the end of the world.

A bit later i started to drive it a bit and was just doing small fixes. Then it started to overheat and i realised the radiator had a leak. seemed like it had a lot of pressure though. Got it home and swapped the radiator. filled it up and water pump was done. swapped that. started to drive it again and it seemed fine around town. then i got on the freeway and I noticed it went up. It seemed that it was really getting overly pressurised. I tried to get it home the next day on surface streets and had to stop every mile or so. seemed like it built up a lot of pressure so i pulled the thermostat last night and threw in a pot with a new one and just before boiling they both opened up. so not the thermostat. not the radiator. stock fan works. not the water pump. hoses look to be good. Idk if this helps but i put water into one of the water pipes with the thermostat out and eventually it came out the other side. So looks like it can circulate. guage is fine. So im thinking BHG but im not sure. i think ill test for that today but my oil dusnt look milky. so any help would be great.

thanks for the help in advance
ssman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links