View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #111
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Small Update:

Went ahead and sealed the rear fenders again.. I didn't like the clear silicone previously on there...plus there were some gaps where stuff could get in and I didn't want a bunch of dirt/sand/muck getting wedged all inbetween the body panels and the interior panels. I hate when stuff bounces around..or you hit a turn and you hear stuff sliding all around etc.
anyways....
first
IMG]http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy325/mannykiller/FD%20Build/IMAG1767.jpg[/IMG]
done

THen I got to work making a template to cut the hood for my wastegates

traced the template onto the hood after lining it up all nice

rough cuts

almost done

And final product!! came out great!! i'm loving it!

After cutting the hood I decided to get to work on the last real components to my set up... Oil/coolant lines for the turbo. So at first I really wanted to do stainless braided lines to keep everything moveable...but I had some spare tube laying around and all I needed was one fitting..so I got to work on some hard lines.
first was the Oil feed...

Then the water feed line

and from this angle it looks completely pointless as it looks like there are a bunch of useless bends going this wat and that.. But the horse shoe looking bend under the turbo is for my Oil drain. This way the line's wouldn't have the chance of rubbing or rattling together.

And lastly, the Water drain. Now i'll have to check the garrett faq page again..but I may have to re-do this line for thermal siphoning. I think Garrett says to take advantage of thermal siphoning the water drain must not be higher than the inlet to the system.. Or was it the highest point in the cooling system? I an't remember....if I got it wrong..i'll have to go ahead and re do the line as best as possible. But there are very limited options as how to route the line already... All the lines will need DEI heat sleeving though... otherwise they'll just get too hot for my peace of mind out there on the track!

I wasn't able to get the oil drain line done because I am missing the fitting/flange that goes from the block to the line. I'll have to order one asap!!...this line will be - AN10 and stainless braided. Big oil drain is a "need."
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote