View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #11
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
The Magnums are beasts even in stock form. The TQ rating isnt really applicable to our lightweight cars since they are typically used in heavier cars. I think you made the right choice in choosing the Mag over an R154 or losing a first born to the V160 price, though I absolutely love the V160.

The setup I bought is way overkill for my goals to be honest but the opportunity was there for me to snag this trans. I know of a few Vette and Camaro guys running this Level 6 at 1k-1.5k for a few years and they love it. None of the guys have had an issue even at those savage power levels. I think my meager 700-ish rwhp final goal will barely tickle this trans setup if I can keep it.

About 6-7 years ago I bought an R154 with low miles from a guy when I was living in NY for $450. I bought one of the last MC rebuild kits and all in I was about $2200 for a strong transmission which was going into my 2JZ setup which was setup for 750+rwhp. However the price of those have soared since they are becoming more rare.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote