View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #4
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not particularly familiar with SR20s, however I do believe they suffered with IACV issues as well. Have you tried cleaning yours yet?

Also, it may be unlikely, but have you messed with the throttle body adjustments at all? Particularly the throttle plate's idle screw? If the car idles fine at first, it could be the iacv is working perfectly and regulating air on cold start like it's supposed to, but as the engine warms up, it is closing the IACV and beginning to rely more on the throttle plates ability to hold idle. However if it's not open enough, then it would be choking the engine, unless you open the throttle manually with the pedal.

Vac leak is also a possibilty, but that seems unlikely too. It would be an irregular idle from the get go, and dying on idle shouldn't be your problem, idling too high should. If it is a vac leak though, it would have to be one that is somehow closed for cold start, and then opens up after awhile. But that leak would have to be a big one to overpower the AFR enough to lean out and die.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote