View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 08:36 PM   #12
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
The biggest problem with all of this shit is how people adopt the attitude that they can't make a change in all of this. It's so defeatist and it really just perpetuates the problem.

People like to say that this is the 'future' and we either need to 'stop bitching' or just get on board with it. How fucking stupid is that? If enough people actually do something about it (like Hiroshi/runningfree86's IG post) then maybe this shit can AT LEAST be slowed down.

There aren't any super rare parts I want when I think about it. Old Nismo logo stuff is alright, old OEM stuff is pretty cool, and discontinued parts are fun to hunt for...but there's nothing I can think of that I really want at this moment. So if I'm essentially at my personal finish line, why would I just sit back and watch things get shittier and shittier for the people that are just starting?

I always see these reseller dudes masquerading as heroes: self-proclaimed saviors of the used-parts market because they bring a 'valuable service' to 'those in need'. So they buy parts for cheap and sell them for 2-3 times what they paid and make people think they're getting a good deal. Win-win, right? Happy customers, guy is making stupid money, all good? Now what happens when someone goes to get the same part later on? All of these fucking cocksuckers say their prices are warranted due to supply and demand. They honestly don't realize that by poaching the fucking supply the demand is rising and the demand DIRECTLY correlates to the market price.

So who the fuck are they helping? If their buy-in was once cheap , now it's super fucking high. At that point (since these are just young dudes that fancy themselves 'entrepreneurs' and not legitimate businessmen) they cut themselves off from the market because either their profit markets shrink or they raise the prices to levels that even the dumbest motherfucker won't pay.

The other thing they frequently try to use as a scapegoat is the fact that they think they're 'teaching a younger generation' how to do it right. What are you teaching them? That you can throw a fuckton of money at some cunt's marked-up parts and gain scene points? Why not suggest some magazines or old Option videos? They can join a forum, ask what part this is they saw in whatever video, and start a rapport with their community. Zilvia is quick to weed out assholes that want to be spoon-fed or are too impatient to post these questions in the right thread but whenever someone gets it right and asks for help in the right place, people help. If we're truly the 'shittiest forum' then why can we get it right sometimes?

The dude that wrote the article is so fucking pretentious it makes me sick. Reading his personal biography as well as the website's fucking 'mission statement' is a God damn joke.

Mission statement:

"----- is the intersection of car life and knowledge. We see ourselves as automotive stewards, historians, enthusiasts, teachers and learners all at the same time. We’ve been involved with Japanese cars for a significant part of our lives and feel that there has always been a void in the representation of cars that hail from NYC and the surrounding areas."

The author's biography:

"---- comes from a background in academia and consistently pursues the development of a community both with his work in academia and his interest in all things motor. It is this community which he believes will help preserve automotive history and knowledge, priming a future generation of enthusiasts to expand and improvise on previous builds. Through his lens, he captures fleeting moments as car enthusiasts build, break and rebuild their creations as a means to preserve and express what the enthusiast originally intended. He finds his daily inspiration from the merging of cultures, mainly the transfer of street culture to the front stage of art, food and design. Consequently, nothing is more relevant to this merging than automotive builds meant for the street."

These are all my opinions. You're welcome to share yours and I hope you do regardless of what side you fall on.