View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
PART 3: Get In The Fucking Robot

2015 had just ended and I had a lot of plans for myself and the 240 in 2016

I transferred schools from my community college to Texas A&M San Antonio to finally finish my degree.

So just like I had mentioned in the beginning my intentions with this car were to get it on a track and learn to drift.

while i was installing the new subframe with new bushings, I also had an s13 welded differential laying around so I simply swapped over my back plate and installed it on my car with fresh new fluids.

Over the Christmas break I found some Ganadors on Ebay cheaper than I've ever seen so of course i bought them.

also i finally wanted to get my steering wheel situation updated so I found a really clean Nardi Classic 330 on yahoo auctions.

it even has an FET stamp which is worth mentioning as well i think.

So on my way to work one morning in January, i guess my tire pressure dropped over night and since I had to go in to work at 6 i didnt really have any time to check or stop and get air.

i felt the car drive differently and i did notice it was scraping in unusual areas of the road on my regular commute to work.

i prayed the car would make it to work at least and i could add air afterwards because i couldnt be late. but luck was not on my side that morning.

tired debeaded and pretty much everything went to shit.

luckily the wheel was still salvageable
If anyone needs any kind of wheel repair in the San Antonio area hit up Wheel Love,
Jud will take care of you.

had the wheel machined and took less than a week to get it back to me.

mean while, my friend who was at the time living in Okinawa went up to UP Garage for me and ordered me a pair of AVS Model 6 wheels i found so i could use them as spares.

the car got its first alignment in approximately 2 years.

I had a legit D-Max trunk spoiler chillin in my room for over a year, my intentions were to paint the car and install the trunk spoiler but I was tired of it sitting so i just sprayed it black and threw it on with double sided tape.

The day had come, the car was finally ready for a drift event, or at least i thought.

scrambled around for almost an hour trying to figure something out for a battery tie down so i could pass tech.
finally got that sorted out and did my first couple of runs.

Still one of my most favorite pictures.

overall it was a successful day and i learned a lot in just those few hours of driving i got in.

on the bad side, i mangled my wiring harness quite a bit. and my 75A fuse blew up.

i fixed up the harness and tucked it up even higher than i previously had it.

Not fun^^^

My buddy Tyler Greene rode along with me a couple laps and gave me some pointers

After my first two drift events I knew I caught the drift bug so of course I wanted to drive better and have the car perform properly

I wanted to get some properly sized spares and take out as much rear camber as possible.

My cousin was wanting to sell his full set of chrome R33’s and I always wanted to have a set so I worked out a deal with him and decided to go 5 lug!

My friends Tyler and Pooter came over and helped me do the hub swap for the rear.

Got some tires mounted on the R33's and took out almost 5 degrees of camber in the rear.

drove to Nismo Fiesta and took some pictures next to this weird car.

US As Fuck!!

I've always loved the style behind simple one word car/team names and front windshield logos.

some examples:

FOOL

"EnJoy"

Moccomans

LOOKING

You get the idea...

So i came up with this.

Last edited by HGs14; 04-24-2018 at 12:23 AM..
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote