View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
stevejames3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
stevejames3 is making a name for him/her selfstevejames3 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to stevejames3 Send a message via MSN to stevejames3
redtop sr20 help! please read!

ok im having a problem with my redtop sr20, its in a s13. it runs good at idle and free rev, so i took it out for the first time in a while. it was at the shop, they were testing some **** thats wrong with it. its never really ran right, so i got an enthalpy ecu and now this is where im at.

i let it warm up. then i took it out to see how it handles boost under a load. the first few minutes it ran pretty good. put some fresh 94 octane in it. then i got on it pretty hard, to test it. the higher rpm range it brakes up and basically keeps breaking up. kinda think of like a fully automatic gun. it seems like if i slowly get into the boost it takes it better, and slowly raise the rpms.

the only things that i can really think of is that the gas that was in there was kinda ****ty(still sunoco 94, just a little old as i was gone on military leave for about 8 months), the coilpacks dont have the screws in them(into the valve cover), or a ground issue(which i think should make it run kinda rough at idle)

any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated. sorry for the structure of this all, it kinda turned into a bit of a rant
mods:

hks 2510 turbo
z32maf
z32 ignitor
550inj
greddy dp, 3" all the way back
fmic.
enthalpy ecu, supposed to be tunes for 16-18 lbs. as close to 300 hp as i can get on a relativley safe tune.
stevejames3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links