View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #117
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
from my understanding it was only a minor problem (which gave fuel to NVidia fanboys)... tomshardware recorded some split second spikes which was occurring high draw loads. the draw from the 6pin was exceeding its TDP but is not a real problem due to psu side can handle a butt load of watts. the only main concern was, exceeding pcie mobo on stock 480 setting. the draw OCed especially was higher. but, most modern mobo will hard shut down if it does hit those current safety line margins.

it was really blown out of proportion and confusion, from tomshardware and when one guy reported trashed his ancient crappy mobo with his crappy psu / ex780 NVidia user. it was really an isolated incident, for all we know the dude could have been a NVidia infiltrator synth spreading lies. but, there's a ton of rx480 users that don't have that problem. plus amd already is working on a fix.

I'm still planning to buy AIB 480 card. maybe buy 2 and overclock the hellout of it. then give it to my son when zen & 490 comes out.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote