View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #76
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
A bit of an update here.

So I have been trying to drive the car as much as possible this year since I missed so missed so much time last summer. The car has been driving great and I take it to work mostly on all the sunny days.

I had the opportunity to be featured with a bunch of friends in the new "Japan Special" Edition of PASMAG.
The photos turned out great and its cool to actually see your own car in a magazine. The mags should be on new stands this week I've been told. If anyone wants to check one out. You can also order one from their website.

Two weeks ago our group of friends set up a private skid pad day to mess around. I had been prepping the car the weeks prior to make sure I didn't have any mishaps like last year.

I also picked up a set of SSR Agle Strusses that I'll be using as drift spares. I've always wanted a set since Kawabata's black 180 looked so cool with them.

I also have a full set of AVS Model V's that ill be using as track rims to save the TEs. I have new Zestion's on the front model v's and evergreens on the rears.

The car drove great on the 2 hour hike to the track. Swapped out my rear TEs for AVS and hit the track!

First lap in no brakes! Pedal too the floor. Great! My first lap kill again....

Checked it out and the drivers brake line (braided soft line) blew clean off the hard line coming out of the engine bay. Took a few hour to piece together an old brake line and some hard line to make it work with the z32 calipers. But the car was back derivable around 2pm (rental ended at 5). I was a bit bummed that most of my day had been used up fixing the car as it seems like I always have bad luck.

After a timid first few laps to make sure the brakes didnt explode, I felt better and got more aggressive with my driving. It was my first official time drifting (besides some parking lot skids with a stock KA) and I think I did pretty well.

The motor felt amazing and the TD06 midmount made all the right noises!
There's a vid on my instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVvlhCcF...en-by=jpacione

Towards the end of the day my steering rack started feeling sluggish so I decided to stop so I can drive the car home in one piece. Checked it at home and my rack seals were toast. I ended up getting a good used rack from a friend and swapped it out along with a new front brake line this week.

I just got the car down on the ground this Monday and finally gave it a wash.

Many you have probably seen already but right after the wash is when I began the new look for the car. I had been planning this for a long time. Ever since I decided to paint it blue.

So happy with how it turned out. My friend Mitch made the renders for it with all my collection of detailed logo pics ahah. And big shout out to Damon for helping me bring together all the little details to make the design perfect.

One of the best things that came out of this happened last night. After sharing the new photo of my car on instagram someone forwarded the picture to Teruaki Itai. He left this message with the image. I was able to contact him and chat about the car. He said he was "Very surprised and excited to see it." This truly made my day and I am so proud that he got to see the car. I had never thought that would happen let alone the same day I reveal it!

Cheers!

Joe.