View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help Identifying this VLSD 5 bolt diff and axles i picked up.

so heres the deal, i found a guy selling this diff. it has an s13 vlsd cover on the back, what appears to be an s13 housing (?) but it has 5 bolt output shafts. Now, at first i thought it was a j30 housing when i bought it, but it would have the abs sensor on the input shaft, and then i thought it was a 300zx n/a diff, but it would have larger front mount holes wouldnt it? is this just some frankenstein diff? could it be a 180sx vlsd diff (those had a different ring gear didnt they?)

ALSO, it has a 49/12 4.08 vlsd in it. so it has the same vlsd as an s13, 300zx n/a, or r33...

i am just very confused as to what is going on with this thing, i pulled the cover, and inside looks perfect and is adjusted/shimmed perfect, so it doesnt strike me as some hacked together diff. all the measurements match an s13 non-abs open diff on the outside, so it would bolt up to my non abs s13.

pics of diff

Here are the axles, are they just 87-89 300zx axles? they are a little longer than s13 axles. they were free.

thanks for any help...ive been searching everywhere i could on the net, and it seems every picture i find that is supposedly one type of diff, I find another that looks different. I know with j30 axles i could bolt up what i have RIGHT NOW, but i would really like to know exactly what i have before bolting it up.
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links