View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
DJZ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DJZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLove View Post
So I was playing Call of Duty the other day and every time you log in, it shows how many people are online. On an average weekday anywhere from 10am-5pm (PST) I have seen 350k-450k. On a weekend it jumps up to 500k+.

My concern is that all of these people are not doing ANYTHING to promote education, athleticism, etc. This is just one game on one platform. Imagine how many people are on other games, facebook, blogging, posting random shit on forums (), etc.

If you have seen the movie Idiocracy you know where this is all leading too, if you haven't, I suggest watching it.

The internet seems to be creating so many useless achievements such as facebook likes, blog subscribers, game kills, that it will only be a matter of time until the majority of society is genuinely stupid and lacks the intelligence needed to continue living.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy? Or both? I see kids from other countries thriving in math and science and american kids would rather watch tv or play video games.
agreed. Welcome to america
DJZ is offline   Reply With Quote