View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #22
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by g6civcx View Post

I only see one wire output for the sensor signal. Where does the other electrode go? Also, when you blow electrons at the ECU, this current triggered, not voltage triggered. Remember that electrons go from (-) to (+).
two electrodes provide an output voltage corresponding to the quantity of oxygen in the exhaust relative to that in the atmosphere.

The tip reads the exhaust and the outer body reads the outside atomshere. The two electrodes are the 02 body and the tip.

yes Im very aware that electrons go from (-) to (+) such as lightining travles from the ground to the sky.

Quote:
I don't see how a single sensor can both suck and blow. Can you explain?
Ok this sucking and blowing thing sounds gay, why dont we just say Send and Receive
control unit feeds the sensor with a small electrical current and measures the resulting voltage across the sensor

Quote:
How do you know if the skinny is not a Nernst cell?
the skinny is a Titania sensor which has a ceramic element

Zirconia sensor is based off of the Nernst Cell.

So thats how i know the skinny is not a Nernst Cell
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 05-13-2008 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Busy at work, hard to think
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote