View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #18
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
The interesting thing is, I took my non-cracked dash and had it upholstered with genuine stitched leather. It was a very big project.

So far, the only exposure it got was sitting in the garage - protected from the elements, but not from the temperature swings.

Without removing the leather, its impossible to tell if it has formed any cracks. However, I did notice a small uneven surface that could be a crack.

Being a picky bastard, I may remove the leather in order to remove the OEM padded vinyl. This is the only regret I have so far because the padded vinyl is the problem. Removing it not only eliminates any chances of cracking but also gives a bit more clearance for the vents - which has also proven to be problematic with fitment.

Damn these project cars...
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote