View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
K rail taps at 60 aka the missl80

challange get back to the track under 2000 dollars
the shell, 92 hatch back. price 80 dollars cash, 1 hicas rear sway bar and a dohc power steering high pressure line.
the condition it was in, no doors no frontend except headlites (1 of which got smash while pushing it, we hit a telephone pole) limited interior. good engine mounts and dohc power steering lines. while cleaning it out today found a momo wheel with a detachable hub, a set of psp headphones, dohc hud cluster clocking 98000 miles and a bottle of gear oil.
got the complete doors for 60 dollars at a local u pull it yard, included door shells all the manual window parts (including limo tinted windows and panisonic 3 ways)
free silvia hood and hood pins (thanks joe h)
passanger silvia fender 20.00
free drivers silvia fender thanks to dave and the dump truck
free sparco set and rails thanks to patrick
tail lights free

stuff that i forgot to add
s14 5lug front with z32 calipers that have been sitting in my garage for ever, complete z32 rear hub and brake set up
free set of ksports
walbro 255 pump that i have had forever
turbo ka running a s14 t28 and 650cc rc's z32 mafs
so the story goes... couple of weeks after i got the first missl80 i started to work on it. went to jack it up and CRUNCH. a foot and a half of frame rail broke off and was laying on the ground. fucken minnesota cars. so i had a choice try to reinforce a rusted to shit shell or scrap it and start again... 800 bucks for a cleanish shell with a cage. fuck yea

no rust, caged, lots of extras.... krail clips at 60 here i come
first off while pushing it into the garage on friday afternoon, there was a misshap, i pushed it into the wooden shelves in the garage and some stuff fell on it

sort overview of the car the way it started. ditched the chucki front. i only run silvia fronts. no wiring harnesses, gauge cluster, seats, and came with stock suspension and steelies.

started by cleaning it out. i love getting new 240's searching behind the rear wheel wells is like a grab bag. in this one i found 3 jars of baby food, the only one that still had a llegable label said best used by march 1995. an indiana state quater (good omen, has a race car on it). 6 inches of fuel line. 3 chassis bolts, a brake hase clip and a ka exhaust crush gasket. a tire reciept. and an ignition trim peice!!!

started out by stripping the rear suspension parts the would be replace.bye bye brakes, struts, ucas, and toe rods

traded kbanks an uncracked dash for a zeniki lip, no name adjustable rucas, and adjustable toe rods. had a spare set of z32 rear calipers and ebrake components setting around the garage, as well as z32 rear 5 lug.

buy a set of k sports from nate a while back for 300.00. they are on there
a while ago jeremy needed a set of 4lug spindles, so i gave hin the ones that came with the car. i was just rolling it in and out of the garage with s14 5lug hubs and spindle sitting on s13 lcas. but that all had to go. i replaced them with s14 lcas and new ball joints. efrian and claire that it would be funny to paint them to look like someone threwup on them

topped the front end of the car off with a the z32 front brakes that were on the sileighty.and some no name tension rods

tomorrow pics of the motor and the mount set. overall the goal isto be on the track for less than 2800.00
1 first shell. 40 dollars and a dohc power steering line. plus 40 dollars for a tow dolly
2 parts sold from that shell. cluster 125, steering wheel 40.00
3 this shell 800.00
4 z32 rears 75 bucks
5 coilover 300
6 fenders sold 40.00
running total 1015.00
tomorrow i will detail the motor, steering, fmic and the seats
got home from work late and it is cool in the garage. wiring harnesses will be in stalled tomorrow as well as the motor. as promised a teaser of what is to come.
sparco seat and seat rail free thanks patrick

history on the motor. free short block from kelly. oem rebuild kit, bearings and rings from brett, 200. turbo, mainfold, fuel rail, 650cc rc's, romtuned ecu and down pipe of the sileighty. random parts from patrick, joe haven and abe 500.00. help from efrian rebuilding it priceless.

so far 1015.00 +700.00 =1715.00
sr trans from pete 100.00
total 1815.00
got all my power steering junk in line now. going to run the suspicious garage high pressure line. yes that is a coors can. all welding done by adam at street and strip concepts.

lower pressure side is going to use a z31 oil cooler modified with "baller bolts" -8 aluminum weld on males and -8 90 degree fittings. also a -8 steel weld on for the rack conection and the conection to the resivour. both again using -8 90 degree fittings.

the dogs helped take pictures(both rip)

alittle bit of drilling and a couple nuts and bolts that were sitting in my ash tray. and we have power steering cooler!!!!

so there have been a few changes to the missl80. but with gerald and claires help today it went from a shell to a running sort of driving car.
the motor was in but i pulled it to install a trans spacer plate, t28 turbo and the starter.

once back in we installed the mid mount ic set up from georges old sil8ty

after a quick trip to the local parts store for vacuum line and random stuff...
it came to like and drove. all of 40 feet from our garage to the fromt of our house. it need to be tuned really badly. also the alternator is seized.

Sponsored Links