View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #86
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Dude this is legit AF..... I knew CD009s were noisey but this is insane. But this leads to think its something internal to the tranny?

Is the vibration the same if you remove the driveshaft? I've read about driveshaft pinion angles and stuff?

What are your thoughts?

Maybe change fluids I know this helped for me moving from shockproof to amsoil. But not sure how significant is your vibrations.
So I tested this with the driveshaft disconnected, no change at all. It is entirely related to the mass of the transmission and the way the trans case carries the vibration to the chassis. Weight of oil will help gear chatter related to switching to a single mass flywheel, but won't change the fact this trans does this in neutral as well. Resonance is a function of the natural frequency and mass of the object, in this case there isn't much you can do to the trans to change it.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote