View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #14
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
I disagree with this. That peak at 4250 rpm is when full boost comes on, torque builds from there. 12psi at 4250 is quite reasonable given that OP has the larger turbine housing. My 2871 52T (which OP also appears to have) 0.64 A/R hit 15psi at 4200, and the time/rpm difference between 12 and 15 psi would be lightning quick as the compressor wheel is accelerating very quickly by that point.

The bigger turbine housing really offers any benefit when running these turbos to their absolute max, the 0.64 A/R would have offered a slight increase in torque given this setup. But by the sounds of OP's plans for E85 (and 20+ psi I assume), he will reap the benefit of the larger housing. Those aftermarket manifolds will really shine then too. OP just has to put up with slightly lesser response and torque for the time being.
Torque builds with boost i bet boost is just lazy at that point.. be nice if he had a datalog of the boost curve. My personal car makes peak torque pretty much when peak boost is made. it follows the boost curve (initally) almost exactly.. everytime.
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote