View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #34
Cyberzen

Trader Rating: (0)
Cyberzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
well lets see. the republicans are stopping any progress in this country. and this guy has tried to play ball. and these asshole are just blocking progress to make o.b. look bad. let's not drink the cool-aid here.

this is a smart move, the "if you aren't going to do anything, I will" stance. and I support him in moving things and making progress.

if anyone has a brain out there they would "open their eyes" and see the real bad guys are the obstructionist republicans!!
lol if you think the reason this country is the way it is simply because one party is playing hardball then you sir are wrong. Obama and America are the joke of the international community. I say this with a very heavy heart, i love my country and what it "used" to stand for. Fact of the matter is Americas values are corroding, due to this we no longer will be the resilient nation we have been for the past 230 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertsi View Post
my question is this, if voting is such a cherished pass-time of supposedly free societies then why are we not given the chance to actually vote on issues that would affect the common citizenry instead of only voting on which person gets elected to whichever "official" office? i don't remember having the chance to vote on obamacare, or auditing the fed, or income tax, or government bail-outs, and i could keep going. but oh yeah it's a representative form of government.
look up the words : "soft despotism". it will clarify why you are not able to vote on the matters that really affect you, we're all a part of it welcome to the party !
Cyberzen is offline   Reply With Quote