Thread: PNW role call
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 12:26 PM   #128
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Ok cool. Good luck man.

Why Nismotronic and not Nistune?
I've always gravitated towards Nismotronic, my buddy Twisty recommended it once and when I dug into their wiki I fell in love. From a DIY perspective, they provide a lot of information and are very transparent with their system. I've looked at RS Enthalpy and Nistune in the past, actually a lot of the KA-T guys I know in the PNW recommend RS Enthalpy... My only turn off with RS Enthalpy is when I've tried to look up info on it, I felt like documentation wasn't readily available for the public.

I may be wrong about that and have looked in the wrong places, but I've always ended up back on Nismotronic's facebook group or their website reading what others are doing with it. Bluetooth? USB? The NEMU board even has an Ethernet port! What for? REMOTE TUNING!? I can literally book dyno time and have the guys at jktuned connected to their SA and do pulls on the dyno over the phone... that right there made me look at Nismotronic closely... They also offer an eTune service where you take street pulls and datalog, you send them the map and data via email and they'll make adjustments to the maps to get you started.

At this point, people have told me, well if you want to go DIY why not Megasquirt? Well, I'm not much of a circuit board geek... and I'd probably mess up a megasquirt soldiering things together and forgetting to do something... heh, my ADHD and all...