View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #119
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
how are drugs any different? like anything in this country, its a money maker. look at alcohol, its no different. alcohol was illegal at some point in time, laws change.. just like the bill they tried to pass for marijuana here in CA. what IS illegal can at some point be what WAS illegal. it ends up being another substance that gets heavily taxed and should you be cought under the influence, you end up paying lawyers, the state and the insurance - which is a huge money making racket when you think about it.

im not going to take sides and say im for or against, i really dont care. but i can tell you that weed smokers never did anything bad to me. look at our celebrities, chappelle and snoop smoke weed - i have no doubt paris did coke. and yet nothing really happens to these people because its all behind closed doors. basically, as long as you keep that illegal taboo shit at home - you're OK.

anyone including myself who has a jspec bumper support can tell you for a fact that they are different, and that the jspec bumper support is flimsy as all hell. i dont even know what you've been smoking to think that there is hardly a difference between the r32 and s13.

correction -- you've gotta be an idiot to think that there's hardly a difference between the r32 and s13. fuckin'a, body shop guys can be so stupid. here is a short list for you:

- headlights are RHD instead of LHD
- dinky bumper supports
- doors lack beam supports
- no front and rear marker lights
- RHD dashboard & seating configuration instead of LHD
- kmh instead of mph
- possible that the chassis is missing rear lower frame rail like the 180sx/silvias

again, thats just the short list. some of these are simple problems to fix, others are a serious pain in the ass.. especially when you need to create DOT compliant lights that are modular for that chassis. the dash and interior is also a pain to solve.

anyway, none of this is impossible - it all takes time and money, and a market willing to pay for it. the problem is, most people are stupid and broke and sit there fantasizing about "skyline." funny, the people that arent fantasizing probably already own r35s. its like a computer, who the hell wants to run windows98 when you can run the latest and greatest. im not into new stuff, but most people are. especially when you're talking about computer-cars like the gtr.
lets pick this apart, even though I meant the chassis not anything else. Besides bumper reinforcements they arent I have been through them both with experience multiple times. I did all the work to a beater s13 then turned into my signature along with others. I do this professionally and dont "use my dads tool" b/c he never knew one thing about a car nor cared.

1. Honda Accord lights are very similar and DOT(look at Canada imported r32's)
2.Bumper supports though dinky are very easily swapped
3.Beam supports? Have you seen inside of a r32 door or u spouting off internet mechanic talk? They are actually beefier just not a bar instead a square, even that is relatively easy to weld in
4.RHD is not illegal
5.kmh/mph can be converted on a jdm gauge cluster with simple parts form radio shack
6.Lower frame rail what? Obviously you nothing about a unibody construction.

I will agree it is a money thing though. I am not a fantasizer of cars, they are just like anything else,sheet metal welded together at the end of the day its nothing more, you can build a janky car with no regulation but they say anything imported is dangerous. Pretty much sums up your money arguement.