View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #115
LloydXmas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really niceLloydXmas is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
thats stupid.. doesnt make sense. we have rules and regulations in this country for a reason, so that people follow them. cars have to meet certain standards, from lighting to crash and safety standards. you can look at the most basic, which is the headlights that shine on the wrong side of the road. or, you can look at the next which is the driver sitting on the wrong side of the road. both of these impact the ability to safely operate the vehicle. SAFELY operate the vehicle.

there have been studies with research that show factual information regarding the difficulties in operating a RHD vehicle on LHD roads, especially in canada where skylines were pretty commonly imported and people were smashing them up. i dont even see what the controversy is about, its not a big deal. you make it seem like youre winning an award with this massive debate. we're talking about a car that plain and simple, wasnt sold here and shouldnt be used here WITHOUT proper modifications to make it conform to our rules. i mean maybe, and MAYBE if someone sold DOT compliant headlights, doors with crash bars, a LHD firewall + dashboard and all the bits and trimmings, and new front/rear bumpers, then maybe there would be some hope. but sorry, most people are too fucking stupid to do this, and this is why this shit fails and will never turn into reality.

no, i just work in the auto industry and probably have decades more experience than you in day-to-day fabrication. so, i understand that most of you guys are smoking pipe dreams wishing and praying that this old car could somehow become legal if some lawyer bent the rules.

jeez.. wake the fuck up. "chip in guys, we can do it" yeah right. find me a lawyer who works for $10/hr
trust me I have the same fabrication skills buddy seeing I do auto body and paint professionally and have for a while now and know that there is infact hardly if at all any difference between a r32 and a s13.