View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #109
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
one Is a more serious offense than the other I can bet my life on that. You wont get In the same trouble for $30000 car as you would $30000 worth of coke or crack. What your comparing Isn't the same. Your more thank likely to get back your 30k over your 30k worth of crack.

One kills you and affects others and kids. While the other being the car doesn't affect shit. You can't compare a drug to a car

sorry Mr. mod you loose this battle
thats stupid.. doesnt make sense. we have rules and regulations in this country for a reason, so that people follow them. cars have to meet certain standards, from lighting to crash and safety standards. you can look at the most basic, which is the headlights that shine on the wrong side of the road. or, you can look at the next which is the driver sitting on the wrong side of the road. both of these impact the ability to safely operate the vehicle. SAFELY operate the vehicle.

there have been studies with research that show factual information regarding the difficulties in operating a RHD vehicle on LHD roads, especially in canada where skylines were pretty commonly imported and people were smashing them up. i dont even see what the controversy is about, its not a big deal. you make it seem like youre winning an award with this massive debate. we're talking about a car that plain and simple, wasnt sold here and shouldnt be used here WITHOUT proper modifications to make it conform to our rules. i mean maybe, and MAYBE if someone sold DOT compliant headlights, doors with crash bars, a LHD firewall + dashboard and all the bits and trimmings, and new front/rear bumpers, then maybe there would be some hope. but sorry, most people are too fucking stupid to do this, and this is why this shit fails and will never turn into reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydXmas View Post
wow you are a real positive person, I am sure you have a bright future in life...Hating it...
no, i just work in the auto industry and probably have decades more experience than you in day-to-day fabrication. so, i understand that most of you guys are smoking pipe dreams wishing and praying that this old car could somehow become legal if some lawyer bent the rules.

jeez.. wake the fuck up. "chip in guys, we can do it" yeah right. find me a lawyer who works for $10/hr