View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #106
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi
these cars are not rare and not special (overseas), they're as universal as the fucking corvette in the States.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb25_s13*CHUKI View Post
These cars are rare over here, what world do u live in? Why are people so nuts over a shitty old 240sx with a piece of shit ka engine? Cause they like it.
here, i added something to my first post since it wasnt clear for you. i thought it would be obvious that most people would understand that i was not referring to the States as clearly everyone already knows that the car was not sold here. i can assure you however, that there is no shortage of skylines in other parts of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_idiot_said
i have a deal with them and i have bought the car from them before...my s15 for like 5k ...they can import the car for you but the conversiona nd DOT approve ..you on your own...but if u want to get the car completely as kit car which is ( legal ) depend on where you live...they will dismantle the car completely including all parts, tranny, motors, and acceseries , and they will dismantles the car into completely bare metal and only as rolling shell...what they will do is...the shell in one 30-or 40 feet container and all the parts in the sames container...and you will register the car with DMV as KIT CAR ..and just put the parts back your self...that how i did it...must pass 32 way inspection...and need to pass emission..and dot approve... paint in the ass but it well worth it..
i love how people actually think that taking a car apart and putting it back together again, makes it a kit car. kaizo got their plug pulled for this very same reason, they lied to the government and had their customers line up at dmv to register. its a fact that only XXX amount of people are able to acquire kit car registration annually, first come first serve.

in the end, as dave already pointed out, you still end up with something that is borderline legal but really illegal - and thats why kaizo, their customers and all the cars got their plugs pulled. its like dave chappelle said, you dont fuck with the government maing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydXmas View Post
Take a minute to read, its not that owners are whining but they want a change, not for us for everyone. If everyone came together as a community it can change. There is a donation deal going on for lawyer fees to change such laws or atleast put them in more black and white writing.
save the obama "change" bullshit, if you have faith that chipping in will make a difference, then fine thats on you. i hate "chip in donation positivity bullshit." chip in on cancer, chip in on homelessness... fuck that. i chip in on things that make a difference and where i can see what happens with the money. with all this chipping in, theres been NO difference.. theres still cancer, theres still millions of homeless people, and obama hasnt stopped the war overseas so fuckit, nothings changed.