View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #24
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMilano
....and without standalone management! My hat's off to you ~
Thanks! I really gotta credit to Clark out at JWT. I'm unsure as to why everyone bashes JWT, because to be quite honest, they make a fine program and fantastic products. Certainly there are a few ponies extra to be had going standalone, but I'm the type of person that (if going standalone) would prefer to tune it myself....and being that I have ZERO knowledge in that area, JWT was the logical answer.

The setup is based (in my mind) in a maximum 'minimilist' setup. I love trying to extra the most out of the smallest setup. Hitting 400 hp would have been simple with a topmount and gt35r, but I'd rather have 400 hp on a quick spooling GT28 based turbo (Not to say a big top mount turbo isn't fun...because they certainly are, just in a very different way)

I've been told that the car should be capable of a low 12 second pass on streets, and mid to low 11's on slicks. To think my setup wasn't even BASED around the dragstrip too

While the dyno shows peak boost to start at 4100, I do achieve full spoool (20psi) at around 3750/3850 on the streets (I actually can make 10 psi around 3100/3200 rpm). I at one debated using a disco potato, but decided that I'd loose a 300 rpm in spool for a much greater top end.

To be quite honest, I would have been completly content with 300/320 whp. I typically drive daily with the EBC off, or at 15 psi...and even then it's plenty of power

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote