View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:07 AM   #7
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Well I know it's kinda the easy way out but with the apexi boost controller it can do boost by gear I mean it's not a full 8 dial traction Control but if it's 1st and 2nd and third you aren't getting traction in would help tremendously... I'm sure both of you discussed that option tho.
Thanks for bringing that up.

Its been floating in my mind, but sort of a last resort option pending my timelines and what hook-ups I can utilize to bring build costs down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
There are two kinds of traction control systems I am aware of

One is reducing power for traction

the other is increasing traction with no loss of power

Usually you go with the first one because its alot easier to reduce power. If the engine is DBW this is how factory cars do "traction control" in a majority of situations is simply reduce throttle position. The engine can also be made to accelerate more smoothly using a gradual throttle opening program which helps traction as well.

Which brings us to the subject of boost control. If traction is an issue and you don't have DBW the next best thing is boost control. Use a controller that will allow you to assign duty cycle VS speed conditions (stand-alone like haltech, and apexi avcr are some familiar units) and you would dial in the boost ramp so the tires don't spin.

Finally there are many ways to pull timing for torque reduction. Simply reduce timing in the areas of the map where you are having wheel spin.

If your goal is to improve traction without reducing power this is still done in conjunction with a mild boost ramp and other tricks as to not "shock" the tire with sudden torque. You want the torque to come in gradually. The best way to increase dry traction without reducing power is to use a better tire. Plenty of cars launch just fine that go 5 seconds or whatever with the right tire. If you are stuck with street tires there are two other small options. One is weight transfer mechanisms which involves suspension design to help put the weight of the vehicle "into" the rear tire so it doesn't spin. The other is once moving, downforce is an option to help plant the rear at higher speeds, but it consumes power.
Looking into a reputable independent fuel cut based T/C system.

Launch control, data logs, and the typical additions would be great.

I'm more worried about my rear breaking loose while I am full throttle into a high g corner. I was hoping that a quality traction control system would allow me to more balance out the power of my vehicle. I enjoy having the peace of mind while pushing a vehicle to its highest potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Greddy Profec E01 can help with RPM and Speed.... but other than that you gotta switch to different system
Could be. Just a little outdated for current setup.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
AEM Infinity with front and rear wheel speed input from the oem ABS sensors.
Yeah. Appreciate your chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Motec would be the solution.
Its always been on my options list. Just can't justify the price tag plus re-configuring my setup that works.

Might have to just take the kick in the wallet