View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
samdamanzo

Trader Rating: (0)
samdamanzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Bottom End Rebuild Help/Tuning Online/ATL Area

So bought a 240 the other day, drove it for a couple days, and shortly after was reminded what I had bought. Car needed a tune so bad it blew a ring, or so I hope. Long story short, I'm rebuilding it now. I'm in the Atlanta area and there is no way I will be doing the labor myself, as much as I'd like to learn, I need it back on the road and reliable.

So now to my questions, do I need to tow my car to a "JDM" shop in atlanta that is familiar with the motors and pay $1000 more, or is the local guy I went to back when I had my Infiniti good enough. The local guy has worked on everything, from ls motors to the regular old ford and chevy truck motors, Subaru motors, rx-8 rotarys, and even has a z31 he owns and is rebuilding, but has never had an SR20DET specifically. I've seen his work and its great, but if the motors are super peculiar I'd rather go with someone in Atlanta who has built a million of them. My main goal in this build is to have it running as reliable as possible, but the second biggest factor is keeping the cost down (I know they contradict one another). Obviously the guys in Atlanta who have built them before will build it more reliable, but to an extent worth the extra $1k?

Also, who would you guys recommend for a tune? I'll have the ecu shipped off right after the rebuild if I go with RS Enthalpy or another tuner like this, but anyone in the Atlanta area feel free to suggest somewhere where I can get he on a dyno, or even another tuner through the internet. Again, this is very important as it was what blew the car up and reliability is my first concern.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for taking your time to help me out guys.
samdamanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links