View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #123
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Okay, good to know. I am a ME and work mostly in the process and food/beverage industry. Do you have a card or something you could PM me? I travel a lot as well and could use a good welder. Some of the places I see have NO maintenance infrastructure so they are not able to weld on their own.
don't really have a card or anything. It all depends on the money for me. Like right now I'm at 53 an hour which only 36 is taxed and $85 a day for per diem tax free. This is a low paying rig job to. But I kind of just broke out with my truck so it was more for the experience. But still 5k a week(before taxes) is more than enough for me. I'm not greedy. Hoping to jump to higher paying job soon. Starting a rig truck isn't cheap though lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
as a pipe welder do you work on pipeline jobs then ?

jealous of your Nismo Gas cap

( from page 3 )
Haven't done any actual pipe line jobs yet. That's a different animal. Got to shit and get. But that's the goal. Pipeline code is 1104 which is actually pretty damn easy. You just have to be fast and hot on the line. They will not hesitate to send you on your way. I've done power plants, steel mills, lysine plants, oil refineries, compressor stations. Tig and stick. Stainless, carbon, 9% chrome, and dabbled with monel.