View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 10:24 PM   #9
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonburst View Post
Do not under any circumstance order from Baller Bolts, you will not receive the items or your money back unless you file a charge back. The business hasn't existed for a few years. The last time they sent out any items was back when Dai Yoshihara was the reigning FD champion. I was lucky enough to get one of the last few sets and the quality was superb but since then when I have ordered for other projects, I've never received anything. Check it out for yourself and look up recent reviews.
Glad I was told that before I ordered. Thanks for the headsup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash9000 View Post
I don't know what type of connections you have at your work, but I would ask around and see if you can order the bolts you need through your suppliers. No reason to pay a markup on them if you have a direct contact with a bold manufacture. I'm able to buy electronic components through my work at substantial discounts for personal projects, maybe you could do the same with bolts.
Yeah, but not all bolts are made equal. Have been talking to one of the guys I work with, he said that all of the bolts he used on his project chevelle were factory steel bolts and he got them anodised. Might have to get a price off Nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonburst View Post
If you want similar quality metric threaded bolts check out specialty bike shops. I've seen a few that sold flashy Ti bolts and such that were reasonably priced.

We got every S-chassis bolt that Baller Bolts sold, even bellhousing bolts, titanium suspension front and rear, steering wheel bolts and they were amazing. Its unfortunate that they aren't around anymore and I've tried to find out who they sourced them from since they were not made in house and were more of a wholesaler.
Bummer. I really need all of the specs to do that myself. Might try and find a service manual in English that has them listed before I do anything else.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk