View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 01:01 AM   #147
Jissan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Jissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for the delayed response, I've fallen behind on forum notifications (email)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
just saw that last update post. that's awesome, man.

you ever figure out the throttle power issue?
I did! The driver firewall wheel well grommet had gotten unseated and water coming off the tire was shooting directly into the wiring clusterfuck I have shoved in the kick panel there. I put a shop light in the footwell overnight and baked the electronics dry, and then put the grommet back and sealed it up tight like. No problems since, but shit got really annoying for a while there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
sweet as fuck build!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonigan19 View Post
awesome build man!! that kid's face was like..... what is this intense feeling ?
Hahaha, thanks! And yeah that kid was freaking out on the inside. Sweet build supersayianjim, but sorry to see you lost the coupe in the wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwtdhero View Post
Jason, redoing my gas pedal..... Did you bend the arm? Or did you make a bracket to mount it further away from the firewall? Mine currently is 3/4 closer to me than my brake pedal.....lol past that just gotta get exhaust....and order a new over fender......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
just bend the arm. way easier since the mount for the pedal already fits the bolt pattern perfectly.

edit: i need to get off my ass and post up a build thread for my vq s14.
Yeah man I bent the crap out of the pedal, and you both need build threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
The wedsport tc105n's I have FS are.
wegotabadassoverhere.jpg

So remember the wrecked Z06 project?

It got put on a frame machine, straightened out (twice, damn aluminum), and the tub got glued on with fancy Corvette panel bond.

Body panels went on, wiring run, rear latch holes in tub redrilled for the pull-down latch vs the- never mind. Shit went back together.

It went in for an alignment only to discover the rear passenger hub was bent and needed to be replaced.

and now it’s a daily.

We did exhaust on the DE hatch. V-band header to test pipes with one piece test and Y-pipe, to a resonated mid-pipe and DC Sports dual outlet muffler.

I decided to cut 50mm out of my aftermarket sway bar for more angle.

Tubbed my car.

We started to push the limits of our Harbor Freight TIG welder.

Wiring things happening for the DE hatch. Hoping this is running by April.

We bought a welding machine that can do aluminum.

Truck wasn’t happy about the trip. UPS used a forklift to put it in the truck. I split my undies pulling it off the truck.

A car got dropped off for tubs, exhaust, and some other odds and ends. New activities for the welding machine!

This used to be a Circuit Sports overflow tank, but it didn’t fit with my tubs. Brother decides it needs to be cut up and experimented on.

We didn’t have a gasket. Don’t judge me.

I made a mistake and went fast; my fender wasn’t happy (aerodynamics yo).

Bent half-ass back into shape… carbon flare all jacked up.

Went drifting.

EYB 2014 was a two day event. I couldn’t make the first day but it rained most of the time. The second day was clear and had everyone really feeling good. It ended in an impromptu competition that I decided to compete in.

I qualified and got paired up with my friend Jeff in his blue type-X’ish SR S13 hatch. I led the first run and absolutely left him, but the next run I was really struggling to drift slow, constantly changing distance and angle, and never really tucking in good. A one-more-time was called and I led first again. Jeff got in on my line, shaved a bit of angle to keep up, and pulled a killer follow run leaving me no choice but to go ham on the follow. We launched and I was on his line and had a respectable distance up until the last sweeper when I got carried away and scrubbed my passenger door on his bumper. I made contact and therefore lost, but we both were stoked with the runs and never-lift jokes are still circulating. (note the position of the rear wheel in the well for later reference)

All in, killer event.

Car was looking pretty rough at this point, and it wasn’t just skin deep. Tires had horrible wear from bad rear LCA bushings, letting caster do crazy things as mentioned in the earlier pic.

Custom S13 > Z33 diff subframe had nearly cracked in half.

Lost my driver side corner driving around one night (it was already broken and sagging as evidenced in several pics). This really sucked.

No better time than immediately after an event to tear the car down and throw on a bunch of work and upgrades. Work list as follows:
  • ABS manifold out
  • Brake lines Tee’d for primary and secondary
  • Wildwood master hydro mounted and handle extended
  • Run hydro lines to dedicated calipers
  • Install Voodoo13 front caster arms
  • Install rear Voodoo13 traction arms
  • Swap 3.54 Z33 VLSD with 3.3 auto Z33 VLSD
  • Rear LCA Energy Suspension bushings
  • Moog rear ball joints
  • Install GKTech rear dual caliper drop knuckles
  • STI Brembo calipers for driving brakes, Z32 for the hydro
  • Repair subframe
  • Fix exhaust leaks from low hanging flanges
  • Change mid-pipe flange angle for clearance
  • Drool over Ti lug nuts from GKTech
  • Order said lug nuts
  • Oil Change
  • Set rough ride height
  • Notch front LCA’s for inner wheel clearance
  • Pull all camber from camber plates
  • Replace camber in slotted top holes in coilover
  • Align car
  • Aero mods…

Here we go. *montage music*

The week before the event I had to do a bunch of repairs on the truck and finish the SR hatch. I ended up finishing the truck on a friday and shipping off the hatch at noon on the Saturday before an event.

I spent 3 hours on a quest to mount tires on spares and started wrenching on my car solo, busting ass in the shop, knocking out the last items on my work list around 5:30am Sunday morning. I showered, grabbed an hour of sleep, got up, packed the truck, and headed to the track.

VQ Build Insta
Jissan is offline   Reply With Quote