View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #1550
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
What it means is more sidewall compression on launch, which leads to a bigger contact patch.

When turning, it means the tires lean on their sidewalls, reducing their contact patch and making turn in feel sloppy.

So no, a taller sidewall does not mean more traction, it means more traction for drag racing, less traction and predictability for handling.

This isn't the S-chassis drag racing thread.

i didnt say he needed a 70s sidewall.... there is a point where a sidewall is to small and the car will just slide even with wide tires. If the sidewall is too small then it will be too stiff, accel or turning. Im just saying a slightly taller sidewall would be more useful. I just assumed these ppl wanted big tires to have more traction. I guess i was wrong, maybe it just like stretch, some ppl just like the look.